Athlete Code of Conduct
The mission of the American Obstacle Course Racing Association (AOCRA) is to support and develop the sport of Obstacle Course Racing in the United States while establishing a foundation for American OCR built upon unity, transparency, and partnership.
AOCRA grants the privileges of membership to those organizations and individuals that are committed to that mission. This privilege may be withdrawn if a member or prospective member’s conduct is not consistent with this mission or organizational goals.
To assist members in upholding these values, AOCRA has adopted the following Code of Conduct for all members:
As a member of AOCRA, I agree:
- My conduct at all times must uphold the highest standards of good sportsmanship towards other athletes, event staff, volunteers, officials, spectators, teams, and other related parties.
- I will not engage or participate in any forms of harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment, bullying, hazing, verbal, psychological, or physical misconduct.
- I will not engage in discriminatory behavior towards others based on race, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected class.
- I will not engage or participate in any actions that are criminal in nature according to national and local laws.
- I agree to know and follow AOCRA’s current or forthcoming anti-doping rules and regulations.
- I agree that I may be subject to testing for banned substances at any time as outlined in the current WADA list of prohibited substances.
- I will adhere to and follow all rules of competition stipulated by the event in which I am participating as set forth by event officials, volunteers, staff or race representatives.
- I will be a good steward and promoter of safety for myself and others.
- I will not aid or facilitate another athlete, entity, or organization in circumventing or violating this Code of Conduct.
I have carefully read and understand this Athlete Code of Conduct in its entirety and agree to abide by and follow all guidelines, principles, and implied conduct set forth. I further acknowledge that these guidelines are not all-inclusive and that they are subject to change with or without notice.
Updated: January 30, 2018